You have a Purpose: Identify and use the special gifts/talents God gave to you

 

Have you ever thought that maybe you don't have a purpose?

That maybe God put you here without any special gifts? Just because He wanted another human on the earth?

Well don't think that!

I know it is hard sometimes to find what we were made to do, who we were made to be, even why we were made at all.

But trust me, God put you here for a reason, a very special reason.

Sometimes, it can be hard to identify the reason, and along the way we tend to lose faith and give up.

Stay strong! Don't give up hope.

I am going to go through a few ways you can identify your special talents.

1. What do you like to do? 
I doubt that God would give you a special gift or talent that you didn't enjoy doing.
 Think, what do I like to do in my spare time?
 What do I like to do to help people?
 What do I like to do in school?
 What do I like to do at home?
 Something to remember, however, is that things don't always come easily. Just because it is something you enjoy, doesn't mean that it will be easy. Every gift has its set of challenges, setbacks and annoyances.
 Take my love of playing the piano for example. I love to play piano, but sometimes I find it hard to find the time to practice. 
 I also love to do theatre, but I put a lot of my time, energy and brain power into it, taking it away from other things.

2. What are you good at?
Special talents and gifts are just that, special talents and gifts!
 Think about all the things that you do especially well.
Do you play and instrument?
Can you bake an amazing apple pie?
Are you really good in science class?
Sometimes we have hidden talents that we don't know about until God shows us by giving us opportunities.
Using my example of playing piano, I didn't know I was good at it until we signed me up for weekly piano lessons and I followed through.
That is another thing, sometimes it can be hard to follow through with things, even if we like them and are good at them.
 We don't make enough time, we procrastinate when it doesn't come easily enough, we can even become bored.
In the times when we feel like giving up and finding something else, we need to remember that it is our command to use the talents God gave to us.

3. Pray about it.
The best way to find out anything is to pray about it. 
Ask God to show you the special gifts that He gave you, and just wait, because on His timing He will open the doors for you.

Ways to use your special gift(s).

Once you know what your gift/talent is, the next step is to use it to glorify God! 

Remember that gifts/talents are not always physical things, like arts and crafts.
 Sometimes they are things like being a leader, or a teacher, or public speaking, which is just as important.

There are many ways to use your talents to glorify God, I will list a few examples.

Can you crochet or sew? Make blankets and/or hats for your local pregnancy support center, or hospital.

Are you good at drawing? Draw pictures for your neighbors and leave then on their mailboxes.

Can you clean your house just as good as your mom does? Offer to clean your elderly neighbor's houses for them, free of charge!

Is lawn work and/or gardening a hobby you do in your spare time? Cut your neighbor's grass! Plant them some rose bushes, pull weeds, help them grow a beautiful garden.

Can you bake like a pro? Make cookies for your first responders, neighbors and grandparents.

Do you play like Mozart? Play Christmas songs for your senior's home or play hymns at your church.

Are you a good leader? Organize a weekly bible study at your home, or a Christian soccer team in your back yard.

Are you a good teacher? If you are old enough, help tutor children who have a hard time learning, or teach your Sunday school class. 

Is public speaking your thing? Become a pro-life advocate, speak out for something you believe. 

Whatever your talent is, there are countless ways to use it for God. 

Sometimes it is not obvious what God wants you to do with your gifts, so just ask Him, He will tell you.

I will leave you with this verse from Romans 12:6, "In His grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophecy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you." (NLT) 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His timing, His plan

I am Complete in Him: True beauty

Standing out and standing up